Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Page update

Finally, myPal Home has got an acceptable layout. The design is no longer ugly and Internet Explorer users can scroll the page now. That was not possible before. Stupid IE .Stupid M$, not giving Internet Explorer a proper update in almost five years. Anyway, I found out that struggling and cursing over non-functional CSS layouts was nothing for me, so I decided to implement an Open Source webdesign. Open Source saves the day again. The design was pretty smooth. It was simple. If some of you have read abit of what I have written about myPal, the application is going to be as smooth and simple you just gotta love it. I felt a simple design on the homepage would match out project.
I also added new forums to the homepage. The old forums at sf.net got quite messy, and as an administrator I actually had very few administrative rights. I could hide a forum by marking it as deleted, I could add/rename forums and I could restrict people outside the project group from accessing a forum, but that was about all my administrative rights. By adding a new forum now that we "own" we have full control. Every one can contribute to the discussion if they want, but we have a Developer Zone where only developers of myPal project can enter. I hope it will be easier to keep these forums tidy.
Cheers

No comments: