Thursday, June 22, 2006

me so n00b

Yarr... I am now working on a page so we have something to present on our project homepage. Turns out that I am quite n00b with Apache server. I needed a directory for documents , so I decided to name this "doc". What I didn't know, was that Apache was configured to redirect all requests from /doc to /usr/share/doc. I actually got full access to this dir. I like to define this as a major security glitch from my side. Have configured Apache do reject remote connections though. This is exactly what I was referring to with the "Microsoft cuddling". Microsoft doesn't do this. Microsoft is like the mother saying "You cant go there. I can't tell why why, but don't go there. It's dangerous".
Nice to know such things before one gets a real job with real responsibilities

Cheers

No comments: